Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Photography, School, and Coffee (As Usual)

I'm returning to photography class once my independent study is worked out, so I've started to re-inspire myself for upcoming projects. I discovered a German photographer named Patrick Runte, and I love the whimsy and geekiness of his work. (I would love to show some of it here, but the URLs seem to be protected.)

Speaking of school, it's all I can think about lately. I haven't been very busy this week, other than having a "movie day" with a couple of friends today, and I'm honestly just ready to go back. There's something I absolutely love about fall. Even though it's a time for nature to begin hibernating, it's a time of new beginnings for many of us. The school population shifts, changes are made, new friendships are created, and people are excited to learn (or I am, anyway.) I miss tights and can't wait to wear them again. I'm also looking forward to more experimentation with outfits that can be worn while playing the cello; I've picked up a couple skirts that are long and flowy enough, as well as some more tunic-y tops that can dress up jeans a bit. It's going to be a great year.

OH, and I had my first blogger recognition today! It's supposed to take a year or two (right?), so I was definitely surprised. I went to apply for jobs, and I stopped in this cafe (as mentioned in this blog post) because I have a friend who just quit in order to leave for college. After taking an application, filling it out, returning it, and staying to sip coffee, the own approached me and said that he recognized my name from what I wrote about them on here! He seemed pleased, but mentioned that he doesn't actually live above the shop (though the previous owner did). After my initial surprise, I was pleased...hopefully it'll be positive in my potential for being hired there! Knock on wood. Though I'm not actually superstitious.

P.S.-Photos soon of the farmer's market, my awesome striped tomatoes, and other aesthetically pleasing things I've come across in the last couple of days.

No comments: