Saturday, October 24, 2009

What a fantastic couple of days. :)

I had a fantastic birthday on Friday. I made time to enjoy toast with lemon curd before going to AP Psychology. After that, we were excused from class to go to the rehearsal for our Halloween "Wizards and Witches" concert. I wore a Snow White costume and every six-year-old in that auditorium thought I was actually Snow White. It was adorable. The concert itself went really well, too.

After the concert, we were excused from classes for quite a bit longer, so I went and picked up my paycheck. I then headed home with my friend Stephanie to make some amazing sweet and sour chicken we got at the grocery store. I then had to hop back up to school for pre-calc and gym, which would've been bad if I had been at school all day, but I was refreshed enough to get through my quiz. We ended up having a free day in gym, which meant not having to change, but I was disappointed that we have to wait until next week for "progressive relaxation", which sounds right up my alley.

After school, I just kind of bummed around. I made really good pork tacos, went to the library, and watched Amelie, which is all I really wanted to do. :)

Saturday was great, too. I slept in for the first time in quite a while, and then spent the afternoon completing my college essays at the Steaming Cup. It was "Live Clue" weekend, so watching the people/characters run around all day was pretty entertaining. It's also totally fascinating talking to people in character, too; I had a totally serious conversation with Shaggy, Velma, and Daphne from Scooby Doo. I love playing along like that.

Anyway, I ended up finishing my main Common App essay on Saturday, and the Beloit supplement essay today, so I have my Beloit and Lawrence apps fully in, and I just need to finish my supplement section for Knox. I'm pretty excited; the UW apps should be easier,

After submitting the stuff that night, I went out for Thai food with the family. We came back, had an amazing, homemade, mint chocolate ice cream cake, and then my mom gave me the most amazing pair of cowboy boots! I'm really looking forward to wearing them, and hopefully I'll somehow find a way to get a picture of them. I really wish I had a camera...

Overall, a great weekend. :) Now I need to get through these three days before the five-day teacher's convention weekend; I'm visiting Beloit, coming home for Halloween, and then going to Chicago for a night! It's going to be another good weekend, provided that I can push through this week...

No comments: