Sunday, November 1, 2009

November already?!?

My, how the time flies. It's been a busy week, and I didn't even go out on Halloween!

We only had a three day school week this week. It would seem nice, but that usually means teachers pack five days' work into three days. Also, first quarter ends next Friday, which means the homework, tests, and projects are getting piled on. I did get through the three days, barely; we did "taste tests" for our Sensation & Perception unit in AP Psych, and I almost didn't make it through the rotten egg flavored jelly bean. (Yes, it was totally as bad as you'd think.)

After the school week, I went on an overnight visit at Beloit College. It's my top choice, so I had a great time. This was the first visit I've done where we've had an unstructured kind of day, so it was fun to hang out with my host at night. We went to her FCA meeting, did a "ghost tour" of campus (there was hot cider!), saw a humorously tacky cover band called The Karls, and just hung out with the other people in her dorm. The next day was spent at presentations about the school, as well as visiting classes (which I didn't have time for, unfortunately). It was a great couple of days, and I know Beloit is definitely the school for me. It's really diverse, everyone is into social activism there, and it's a college of learning rather than competition. It's such a refreshing difference from both high school and the UW colleges that many of my peers are applying to, and I'm ready for that.

Currently, I'm in Chicago. We did the Art Institute today, which was amazing. More about that later. I'm just blogging quickly while trying to write my Chinese-style poems for English class. Doing homework while on vacation stinks, and so does not having a digital camera to take tons of pictures of yourself at the Bean.

No comments: