Sunday, November 15, 2009

Likes and Dislikes

(In the style of Facebook. Also in the style of lazy bloggers that make lists instead of well thought-out paragraphs.)

Likes:
  1. The New Devendra Banhart CD. I received it as a late birthday present today, and it's awesome. I have an uncle and aunt with really good music tastes, so I always look forward to getting music recommendations from them.
  2. DIY Ideas. I also got a cool DIY photo/craft book for my birthday, and I've already looked through and found the projects that I want to do. These include: a photo messenger bag, a photo lamp, a water bottle cap tripod, and a fisheye lens. I've always really wanted a fisheye lens, but they're super expensive. The one in this book is made with a peephole, which can be bought at a hardware store for a few dollars. I'm so excited to make one and try it out.
  3. Le Sportsac Bags. My mom's friend went on a shopping trip to Hong Kong and brought back purses for everyone. (It's been such a fantastic weekend for gifts! Thanks, everyone!) I got a Le Sportsac messenger bag with chic little world-traveling bunnies on it. All their patterns are seriously adorable.
  4. Clean sheets.
  5. Lemon 4-layer cake.
  6. Academic Decathlon. We're doing really awesome so far, and I'm learning tons about the French Revolution. Good stuff.
  7. Honors Pre-Calc. I went from a D to a B in that class in one week, and I feel so awesome.
  8. Second Quarter. I needed a fresh start.
Dislikes:
  1. Work. It's not that bad, but I'm really dreading having to do carts in a slushy parking lot. You'd think Pick 'n Save would find some way to make it easier for us, since they're a Milwaukee-based company and pretty much all the stores experience snow. Target has a electric cart pushers, and their carts are plastic now. Sigh.
I apparently don't have anything else for the "dislikes" list. I guess it's just been a good day. The only thing that could bring me down would be getting sick (sicker than my normal 3-month cold), so I really hope that doesn't happen. Super-immunity, please don't fail me this year.

No comments: