Wednesday, October 21, 2009

achoo.

(I'm not actually sick, luckily. Just a little cold.)
So...that big post I promised last week? About that...

School has been crazy. (Work too.) I spent the rest of last week writing a comparative analysis paper for AP English about two Flannery O'Connor stories. Her stories all have extremely gory endings that contain religious messages conveyed through symbolism and allegory. It's really interesting, but I hit a few walls while trying to write the essay, which wasn't too great.

I'm also trying to finish writing my college application essays; who knew it would be so hard to get into college? I'm trying to submit all my private school applications by Sunday...we'll see how that goes. I need to do early applications so I can get scholarships.

We had our first orchestra concert last night, and it went so well. We got a ton of compliments, which doesn't always happen. We're playing for elementary school students during school on Friday, and we get to be in costume! I'm borrowing this adorable Snow White dress from my mom's friend...I'll try and have someone else take some pictures. I would love to show you both that and the auditorium; lots of stories about that another time. It's also my birthday; I'm looking forward to missing classes, performing in costume, and getting a 70 minute lunch period.

More later, seriously!

No comments: