Friday, July 31, 2009

Photo Overload!

(Side note: does anyone know how to get my picture to squish into the box at the top without cropping it? Or does Google Chrome just display it incorrectly?)

It's been, what, 10 11 (I clearly have no time, since it took me two days to do this...) days since I last posted? (I really need to step this up if I ever actually want readers.) So, I'm going to summarize the last ten days with a series of words and phrases. Lazy American haiku? Here goes:
vintage shopping. Alterra Coffee. goodbyes. train station. airport. breakfast for dinner. German exchange student. local cafes. lost phone charger. college applications(!). phosphates. gelato. concerts. sexy flutes and clarinets. custard. curtains. canvassing. mosquito bites. cottage. UFO bar. cake. downtown. good friends.

And now, another summary of the past 10 days. In pictures.

Café de Arts is cute, but I have to say that the Steaming Cup is my favorite. Their bakery and sandwiches are amazing, and everyone who works there is so friendly and personal! Also, they have a great collection of cute mugs, and photos everywhere (the freestanding tables are all giant pictures!)



After our coffee outing, we dropped Sarah off at the train station so she could head back to Indiana.


We went vintage shopping and I scored, among other things, this adorable dress!
Dress-ReThreads. Belt-Vintage. Jewelry-Target. Bag-Target.

On Monday, my family headed up to our friends' cottage. It rained the first day, but it was beautiful the next morning.

It's peanut butter jelly time. :)
We found some old plates. Ah, the good ol' People's Republic of China...
Look! Good weather!







We took the boat over to Benson's UFO Headquarters.
Alien in a jar!




I absolutely love the "beer" one, especially since it's by a kid.
Groovy.
The cottage was so adorable.
The loft had red floors, and we hung paper lanterns...
and the door was "firefly yellow."
Creepy statues across the street.

That's all! Hopefully I'll get back to some better posting soon.
Renée


No comments: