Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lazy blogger already?

It's been, what, a week? Erm...

I guess I'm feeling kind of uninspired/unmotivated lately. Summer should mean I have more time to do stuff that isn't school-related, but this lack of structure just makes me feel like not doing anything. Also, it's been in the 60s all week here. So cold!

One good thing though: I went to Summerfest. If you're not a Milwaukee native, this is Summerfest in a nutshell: a ton of stages with local bands during the day and headliners at night, lasts about 10 days, a lot of beer, one admission prices, tons of international food, lots of shops, and more good people-watching than anyone could ever ask for. It's apparently the world's largest music festival, and the second largest people-gathering in the U.S. (Mardi Gras being the first).

Anyway, it's right in my area, so I always try to go check it out. A lot of times I just go during the day, but this year I saw Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson at the Marcus Amphitheater (the only stage where you have to pay for tickets). It was a good show, despite Bob not interacting with the crowd at all. Also, he didn't do as much of his older stuff that I would've liked. Regardless, it was a great show, and it was Bob Dylan. He's a legend.

The only other exciting thing I've done all week was find a new thrift shop in a church in Elm Grove, a wealthier suburb between my town and Milwaukee. I scored some awesome jewelry which I plan on taking pictures of soon. Lazy blogger indeed. Sorry...

Peace!
Renée

No comments: