Thursday, September 17, 2009

Waukesha Art Fest

I'm finally uploading my pictures from Saturday. I walked downtown to the city's annual Art Fest to look around. There was some great art, but nothing I could afford, so I made my own art.

This is the Waukesha Civic Theatre. All the plays put on are open for the public to audition for, and everything they do is fantastic. It was the Pix movie theater when I was very young; apparently I went to see Pocahontas there and got my foot stuck in the seat. I have absolutely no recollection of this.

This is the "Five Points." All our streets are old, especially those right in downtown, so there are a lot of inconvenient five-way intersections. It's pretty cute, though.



Art is everywhere, and I love it.

Bam Bam and the Gigolos. They play at the Steaming Cup often and it's always a great show.

Dancing. I love that girl's outfit; not too many people can pull off skirts and tennis shoes, but she really makes it work.

I love everything about her. Her husband was dressed like a pirate and selling his photography. He had a lot of fantastically abstract, Edward Weston style photos.

People's Park. An apparently fantastic new restaurant. They display art from the teachers at my school, and above the bar is this giant "stuff" collage; it's hard to describe, but it's a bunch of toys. I'll take a picture sometime.

They built a new hotel in town and they have some fantastic fake planters on all the windows.

Herbal cranberry iced tea=love.

She owns one of the galleries downtown and has the coolest hair I've ever seen.




This is Sloppy Joe's, a 50s-style soda fountain that just opened. They also own a gelato place down the street, which I can't believe I've never mentioned before! Gelato beats regular ice cream, any day.
That's all for now. I'm going to take film pictures of my awesome flapper hat in the "mini studio" on Monday, so I'll make sure to take some digital pictures of it too, just to show you the room. Also, I have a lot to say about my new job at Pick 'n Save when I get a chance. (It's not as bad as I thought it would be, actually.) Peace!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hello i just saw your blog i'm one of the musican from the group thanks alot for enjoing the music