Tuesday, September 8, 2009

sigh.

I'm still pretty frustrated about the whole situation with Obama's speech. I mean, they even released the text and nobody's changed their minds. I was almost at peace with it, and then I read the freerepublic.com forums. Bad idea...

What's good, though, is the fact that I'm sitting in photography class. My independent study hasn't gone through yet (thanks for nothing, School District of Waukesha), so I'm just signing in here every day during my study hall. It's fun watching the Photo I kids learn about 35mm cameras for the first time; I almost want to go back and re-experiment with coffee can pinhole cameras. I'm actually checking out the digital Canon Rebel for a few days, and I'm so excited to produce some awesome digital photography with it! I'll have to go out with my Holga, too, so I can get back into the darkroom. It smells a little strange, but it's so dark and wonderful, and the constant rushing of water from the sink is so calming. It's honestly my favorite place in the school.

I'm awfully optimistic for a Tuesday that feels like a Monday. I'm off to AP English 12 in a few minutes. I think we're going to write a lot this year, and I'm excited. We were told to buy a huge notebook in AP English 11, and we ended up only doing one journal entry the whole year, so I'm really looking forward to this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have the canon rebel and it's DIVINE...i'm still trying to figure out all the amazing stuff it can do. have you used it in natural lighting yet? that's where i think it works its true magic.

and YAY FOR ENGLISH CLASSES. I'm also adamant about taking english classes where you actually WRITE unlike blathering on for an hour about what "ironic tone" is.

Rebel Girl said...

Yay for a real english class! I've got three next quarter and I'm so freaking excited haha.

A coffee can pinhole camera sounds really cool btw.