Monday, January 11, 2010

bluuurrrghh

(Sorry for everything being either rants or doom and gloom lately. Ah, January.)

AWESOME THINGS:
  • We're going to state for Academic Decathlon! I can't exactly say we dominated, but one of the other schools in our region is second in the nation, so coming anywhere close to them is great, considering we're a new team.
  • VAC is starting up; the more art, the better.
  • Musical is starting, too. Throughly Modern Millie seems like it's going to be a lot of fun. I play cello in the pit orchestra, so it's a great day to be involved and use my talents.
  • I GOT INTO BELOIT! I can't believe I haven't posted this yet! I got my acceptance folder a couple weeks ago.
  • My best friend sent me my belated birthday gift today. It's almost three months late, quite spontaneous, and overall very lovely. :)
  • Intrinsic motivation. It's so helpful.
  • I'll have 8th hour senior release in two weeks. That means I can go to study hall, sign in to a classroom, or go home! It's going to be very helpful.
  • The phrase "balance between hope and uncertainty." It's from my friend Morgan's speech on limerence (not limericks!), and I think it's beautiful.
NOT-SO-AWESOME THINGS:
  • Regionals for VAC and state for AcDec are the SAME DAY. I have no clue what I'm going to do. I've been committed to VAC since sophomore year, so it's going to end up taking seniority, but...I've devoted to much to AcDec.
  • Musical is going to take up a LOT of time, as is newspaper, VAC, and/or AcDec. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do.
  • I still have a job. Money is never a bad thing, but, again, I have to devote 10-20 hours a week to it.
  • On top of all of this, I still have regular classes. Which mean regular homework/projects/essays/tests.
  • Exams are apparently next week. It doesn't really seem like it though...literally one teacher has fully told us what the exam is, and that's my gym teacher. This seriously concerns me.
  • My brain is so worried about all of this that it resorted to list form for this blog post.

No comments: